男 adelphicoder (无尽愿) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2021/10/23 14:30:31
标题:
RIP, Danny Thorpe! 浏览:1423
加入我的收藏
楼主: Danny Thorpe 去世了:https://m.facebook.com/577501178/posts/10158270097971179

My heart is broken 
 I just received a message from Cindy Fairhurst Thorpe that my beloved Danny Thorpe passed away today. Danny was a wonderful friend, husband, uncle, colleague and an extraordinary engineer and architect.
 At the start of my career at Borland, 30 years ago, he was always there for me.  He took me under his wing and taught me most of the foundation I possess today as a Software Engineer and Architect.
 Our offices were right next to each other and he never rejected a request from me to explain a compiler or a runtime dilemma.  I miss our debugging sessions together in the CPU window to debug ActiveX controls at the assembly level. He did most of the debugging, I was just watching at the time 
 His generosity with his time and mind was amazing.  His calm and steady personality gave me confidence and hope.  He believed in me and thought I will achieve tremendous success (30 years ago)
 20 years later, he was on the board of all my 3 companies.  I reached out to him whenever I had a big decision to make and he reached out to me whenever he was in a similar situation.  Today is a very sad day for me. RIP Danny, I love you very much and thank you for investing so much in my software fundamentals to achieve my success, but most importantly for being a great friend and always being so kind to me, Jessica and my 2 sons.  Our deep condolences to Cindy and the entire family.  What a loss!
----------------------------------------------
人生若只如初见
作者:
男 xychen (xychen) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2021/10/23 15:16:11
1楼: 从李维的Borland传奇知道Delphi初创时的故事,那真是一个情激飞扬、英雄辈出的年代。Delphi的命名就是Danny Thorpe提出的,也是Delphi3-Delphi2005的架构师。
可惜英年早逝,要是被华为收了去做仓颉帮助鸿蒙系统打天下,那可就有好戏了。
大侠,走好。。。
-
作者:
男 delphiilove (乌羽玉) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2021/10/23 15:31:53
2楼: 所有的技术发展都到头了,人类已经开始走下坡路了,无论是技术还是价值观。
-
作者: