作者:
男 yuto (yuto) ▲▲▲▲▲ -
普通会员
2017/10/28 11:47:49
标题:
Why I choose Delphi 浏览:2103
加入我的收藏
楼主: Why do I use Delphi

I have been using Delphi since the first version came out back in 1995. My first encounter with Delphi was with Cary Jensen doing a presentation in Copenhagen. I was a student at the time, and didn't really have the money to attend the presentation, which was something like $250. Luckily my brother invited me. The $250 included a licensed copy of Delphi on CD ROM.

This was the days of DOS - Windows 3.11, so writing a program in Turbo Pascal or anything like it was a timeconsuming thing. Especially if you wanted a User Interface.

So, Cary walked us through the stuff, and the one thing that stands out very clearly in my memory is that he built a multimedia application that could play an AVI file with sound AND video, in under 60 seconds. He actually asked three volounteers to time him with a stopwatch. Needless to say he nailed it in very good time.

So, I was hooked, and I have been using Delphi ever since.

But why do I continue using Delphi? There are multiple reasons.
One thing is, I know my way around Delphi now, we been friends for more than 22 years. Back in school I learnt that one should choose the correct tool for the current job. Well guess what, Delphi has proven to be the correct tool for almost ALL the projects I've been working on. 

It's blazingly FAST. Both compiling the projects, even large projects, even really massive projects are compiled very FAST (compared to "competing" products, I'd even say extremely fast).

It's built on a technology that is robust and stable. The companies that have been developing Delphi (Borland, Inprise, Borland, Codegear, Embarcadero (Idera)) have done a tremendous job of maintaing backward compatibilty. I am actually currently helping a customer lifting a project that is currently in Delphi 2007, to Delphi 10.2 Tokyo. The oldest files I have encountered in this project are dated 1990.. Yes, 1990 pas-files even before Delphi was born.

Another company I know of just keep changing direction, to quote a quote.. "You should abandon Delphi, its old, use Silverlight, it's the future". This is obviously an old quote, as the company who pushed Silverlight as being the future, now is pushing something else as being the future, and they have deprecated nearly every development technology they have introduced.

Delphi... is Delphi, keeps on evolving and just gets better and better.

So, not too many years ago, well ok.. over 10 years ago... A large company intruduced a new phone. A phone with a touch-screen. It didnt arrive in Denmark until a couple of years later, but it was actually awesome. I wanted one, I wanted to build apps for it. So I learnt a new development language. That was tough, but I did manage to build an app.

I do not use this other language any more, as in my Delphi box, I can now target not only this particular smartphone, but both both Android and iOS. There was a third option around for a couple of years, as being the new "the future" but this was deprecated too.

In the Delphi box I have all the language features I want, the RTL *) as well as the VCL *) keeps growing bigger and bigger. And with the addition of the Firemonkey *) framework, we now target quite a lot of devices and operating systems. Windows 32 and 64, Mac OSX, Linux, iOS 32 and 64 and Android. Now thats awesome.

There is also the component based development. Its so easy to drop components on the form, and set the properties with the Object Inspector, writing code to these components, using the RTL will hide all the gory detalis of which OS you are targeting, and even hides the API of the OS.. BUT... If I want to, I can call the OS API directly, I dont have to use the Delphi RTL to access the OS, I can just hook directly into the OS.

Delphi Community is also just so great. There are quite a few, at least in Europe, Delphi conferences going on, I myself am going to "The LAB" in Eindhoven later on the 19th of September, and it's good speakers doing the sessions. 
I am also hosting, along with the Danish Users Group, an event here in Denmark in October where Daniele Teti, author of the best selling Delphi Cookbook is coming to speak. At this bi-annualy event we've had awesome speakers, and just to name a few (I am not naming everyone, just a few) Jim McKeeth, Cary Jensen, Marco Cantú, Nick Hodges, Pawel Glowacki, David I, Primoz Gabrielcic, Malcolm Groves and many many more.

These awesome Delphi Gurus have all been willing to share and teach their knowledge.

Yes, I must say.. I'm a Delphi guy and I'm proud of it.

There a so many reasons to keep using Delphi, and if you havent used Delphi yet.. Go grab a copy

*) VCL = Visual Component Library. All of the installed components you can place on a form and set their properties with the Object Inspector. The VCL is Windows only.

*) RTL = RunTime Library. All of the objects and code bits that are independant of the operating system. Its just code.

*) FireMonkey (or FMX) = The visual components that you use in multi device projects. Runs on all Windows, MacOSX, iOS and Android

https://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/why-i-choose-delphi
----------------------------------------------
-
作者:
男 cuit_xiong (熊猫) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/10/28 21:49:36
1楼: 来来来,E文高手来大概翻一下,他坚持的理由
-
作者:
男 f7911 (乱世) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/10/29 6:45:48
2楼: 为什么要使用Delphi?

自从1995年第一版出来以来,我一直在使用Delphi。我与德尔菲的第一次遇难是与Cary Jensen在哥本哈根进行演讲。我当时是一个学生,真的没有钱参加演讲,就像250美元。幸运的是我的兄弟邀请我。 $ 250包括Delphi在光盘上的许可副本。

这是DOS - Windows 3.11的日子,所以在Turbo Pascal中编写一个程序,或者像这样的事情是一个耗时的事情。特别是如果你想要一个用户界面。

所以,Cary走过我们的东西,在我的记忆中突出的一件事是,他构建了一个多媒体应用程序,可以在60秒内播放声音和视频的AVI文件。他实际上问了三名运动员用秒表给他点时间。不用说他在非常好的时间把它钉住了。

所以,我被钩了,我一直在使用Delphi。

但是为什么要继续使用Delphi?有多个原因
有一件事,我知道我现在的德尔福方式,我们是22多年的朋友。回到学校,我了解到应该为当前工作选择正确的工具。猜猜Delphi已经被证明是几乎所有项目中正确的工具。

这太快了编制项目,甚至是大型项目,甚至真正大规模的项目都是非常快速编制的(相比“竞争”的产品,我甚至会说非常快)。

它建立在一个稳健而稳健的技术上。一直在开发德尔福(Borland,Inprise,Borland,Codegear,Embarcadero(Idera))的公司已经做了巨大的工作来维持向后的兼容性。我实际上正在帮助客户将目前在德尔福2007年的项目提升到德尔福10.2东京。我在这个项目中遇到的最古老的文件是1990年。是的,即使在德尔福出生之前也是1990年的文件。

另一家公司,我知道只是继续改变方向,引用一个报价。“你应该放弃德尔福,它的旧,使用Silverlight,这是未来”。这显然是一个老报价,正如推动Silverlight作为未来的公司,现在正在推动其他方式成为未来,而且他们已经弃用了几乎所有的开发技术。

Delphi ...是德尔福,不断发展,越来越好。

所以,不是太多年前,好的,十多年前...一家大公司引入了一个新的手机。一个带触摸屏的手机。它没有到达丹麦直到几年后,但实际上是真棒。我想要一个,我想为它构建应用程序。所以我学到了一种新的开发语言。这很难,但我确实设法构建一个应用程序。

我不再使用这种其他语言,像在我的Delphi框中,我现在可以定位到这个特定的智能手机,而不管是Android还是iOS。几年来,第三个选择是新的“未来”,但也被弃用了。

在Delphi框中,我拥有所需的所有语言特性,RTL *)以及VCL *)不断扩大和扩大。随着Firemonkey *)框架的添加,我们现在瞄准了很多设备和操作系统。 Windows 32和64,Mac OSX,Linux,iOS 32和64以及Android。现在真棒了

还有基于组件的开发。它很容易删除表单上的组件,并使用对象检查器设置属性,将代码写入这些组件,使用RTL将隐藏所有操作系统的目标对象,甚至隐藏操作系统的API。但是...如果我想,我可以直接调用OS API,我不必使用Delphi RTL访问操作系统,我可以直接挂接到操作系统。

德尔福社区也是如此之大。有不少,至少在欧洲,德尔福会议进行中,我自己将在9月19日在艾恩德霍芬去“劳顾会”,这是很好的演讲者。
我也是丹麦用户集团的主办机构,10月份在丹麦举办的活动是丹麦畅销Delphi Cookbook的作者Daniele Teti。在这个两年一度的活动中,我们已经有了很棒的演讲者,仅举几例(我不是命名大家,只是几个)Jim McKeeth,Cary Jensen,MarcoCantú,Nick Hodges,Pawel Glowacki,David I,Primoz Gabrielcic ,马尔科姆格罗夫斯等等。

这些令人敬畏的Delphi Gurus都愿意分享和教授他们的知识。

是的,我必须说..我是德尔福的人,我为此感到自豪。

有很多理由继续使用Delphi,如果你没有使用Delphi,还要去复制

*)VCL =可视化组件库。所有安装的组件,您可以放置​​在窗体上,并使用对象检查器设置其属性。 VCL只是Windows。

*)RTL = RunTime Library。所有与操作系统无关的对象和代码位。它的代码。

*)FireMonkey(或FMX)=您在mult中使用的可视组件
delphi开源2D游戏源代码 delphi即时通讯 聊天室C++ url.gm8.org
作者:
男 longrunsoft2 (longrunsoft2) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/10/29 9:39:38
3楼: 喜欢delphi,喜欢firemonkey,超级喜欢,没有之一。但是吧,但是,看看Xamarin的官方支持,看看C#的github资源,新项目哥还是选择了C#。。。。
-
作者:
男 nevergrief (孤独骑士) ★☆☆☆☆ -
盒子活跃会员
2017/10/29 17:32:25
4楼: 没有之一,你还这样选,这不是天大的笑话吗?

话说你到底需要什么资源啊?Delphi的资源还不够多吗?尤其是对于你个人的项目而言,更是如此。
只有偏执狂才能生存!
作者:
男 ybj316 (ybj) ★☆☆☆☆ -
盒子活跃会员
2017/10/29 18:14:32
5楼: 顶4楼!!!
-
作者:
男 drroc (mvcxe) ★☆☆☆☆ -
盒子活跃会员
2017/10/30 9:19:23
6楼: 这类文章没什么意义,老家伙继续用delphi有什么奇怪,新人被delphi吸引抛弃java/c#等改用delphi的文章更有意义
MVCXE中国首个DELPHI MVC WEB框架:https://www.mvcxe.com/
作者:
男 mousesoft (MouseSoft) ★☆☆☆☆ -
盒子活跃会员
2017/10/30 21:17:07
7楼: 其实现在开发上无非就两个选择,选择传统的语言还是比较适应互联网的JS,如是是传统语言Delphi还是比较好的选择的;
-
作者:
普通会员
2017/10/31 10:22:45
8楼: Delphi是程序员的利器,Firemonkey本地代码通杀各大平台;Intraweb开发B/S,更是非常之爽。可惜用户太少了,手机平台和Intraweb的资料太少。Intraweb还好,JS资料多,手机平台涉及到android和iso的类库,mac的api映射,找个资料能把猿累成狗。
-
作者:
男 nihaongy (nihao) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/10/31 16:16:03
9楼: 资料少,新人进入难
-相互学习,共同进步! 努力每一天,不能望山跑死马
发上等愿,结中等缘,享下等福;择高处立,寻平处住,向宽处行
作者:
男 yuyiharold (羽三少) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/10/31 22:04:33
10楼: 我也是从1.0用到现在的。。。
这是一种情怀。。。
-
作者:
男 wang_80919 (Flying Wang) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/11/1 8:49:45
11楼: 我最讨厌旧版本,只喜欢新版本。
应该算是没情怀。
另外
搜索 入门 开发手册 之类的,好几本新书,9 楼看不见吗?
(C)(P)Flying Wang
作者:
男 yugong23 (yugong23) ▲▲▲▲△ -
普通会员
2017/11/1 23:24:08
12楼: 本人1979 计算机科学专业, 82年学数据结构时,就开始用pascal.
大多数项目用delphi,最近几年都用 delphi Firemonkey
既然喜欢它, 发现bug 就告诉 embarcadero。
本人在 https://quality.embarcadero.com 目前为止报告了72个 bug。
大家可以登上看一下。John shi就是本大侠
-
作者:
男 bigboy2050 (bigboy2050) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/11/2 9:19:13
13楼: 厉害啊!楼上的大侠 John shi

您可否给Delphi 官方写信,让Delphi 支持长字符串?

----------

这是现在的delphi字符串,一行不允许超过255个字符,多行必须用 + 排接。
var
   s:string;
begin
   s:='i love delphi' 
   +#13#10
   +' forever';
end;

----------
俺希望 delphi新版本支持如下语法, 
就是 字符串 跨行自动拼接,不需要用 + 

var
   str_new:string;
begin
   str_new:='i love delphi 
        forever ';
end;
----------

俺英文不咋的,John shi大侠,您帮俺给Delphi官方捎个信吧。
这个语法 C#,PHP 10年前就支持了,
Delphi为何不支持呢?
希望Delphi能尽快加入这个新特性!
这样写sql语句就非常爽了。。。
kittyapp
作者:
普通会员
2017/11/2 9:32:26
14楼: 我也有个想法,希望 DELPHI 能做一下
Code Design History
这个 Design 页面,能不能改成 两个
一个 Design(Controls/VisibleControls) 一个 Design(Components/InvisibleControls)
这样 可视控件 和 不可视控件 就方便查看了。
有些窗体 比较小,但是 放了很多 不可视控件,这样就挡住了可视控件,虽然可以临时的不显示不可视控件,但是这种做法,我不喜欢。
(C)(P)Flying Wang
作者:
男 mprjcf (mprjcf) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/11/2 10:09:23
15楼: 现在就有隐藏控件的功能呀
他们总是取笑失败者,以酷似智者;他们也总是为成功者喝采,以取得赏金。
作者:
普通会员
2017/11/2 10:18:53
16楼: 12楼出现一只Delphi老鸟。。。。。。
希望Delphi早日改变销售策略,非商用免费,盒子能有当年大富翁那么热闹就好了。
-
作者:
普通会员
2017/11/2 10:19:08
16楼: 请看你楼上最后一句话。
(C)(P)Flying Wang
作者:
男 stacker (OOP才是王道) ★☆☆☆☆ -
普通会员
2017/11/15 22:39:29
17楼: 在VCL時代,CnPack有個功能可以自動排好非可視元件的位置的功能,但在FMX上面就沒辦了。請問有沒有人有這種辦法辦到?
-
信息
登陆以后才能回复
Copyright © 2CCC.Com 盒子论坛 v3.0.1 版权所有 页面执行781.25毫秒 RSS